Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Notebook



Rick and I have started a notebook of "Love Notes" to each other. I found this journal and thought it would be something fun to start. We don't tell the other when we've left a note, so we just keeping checking for a surprise! Today, I checked and SURPRISE! I saw that familiar handwriting...the slant, the curves, the dots of the i's.


There are very few things we can count on to stay the same. I guess handwriting is one thing that never changes. Rick's hasn't. Since we met so many years ago in college, he's always had the same handwriting. Seems like everything else has changed since those crazy days, though! The real world has a way of doing that, switching things up on you right when you get comfortable. I like it, keeps me on my toes!


As I think about it, there is another thing that hasn't changed...


The giddy feeling of excitement I get when Rick comes through the door... You know how a puppy runs for his owner when he hears the jiggle of the door handle. I'm the exact same way! I know it's a silly comparison, but I get so excited to see my husband when he gets home! I hope it's always that way; that we never take seeing each other for granted.


I see God in the daily scribbles of love between a husband and wife.



Love,

Mary


1 comment:

  1. love this!! it's great that you guys are so in love and take time out for the little things. such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete