Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where I'll Be


21 1/2 weeks along and every day gets a little bit more difficult. Words can't describe the fatigue and discomfort that comes with carrying two babies. Sometimes, it's all I can do to sit up straight with my eyes open! It is that exhausting.
Last night, Gabriella wanted me to read her a book. I looked at her, looked at the book, looked back at her. That book was awfully long and, as crazy as it sounds, I was too tired to turn the pages and speak, but...
somehow God gave me the energy to read that book
and another.
I never thought there would be a time in my life when I would be too tired to read to my child.
Guess what...I haven't been...yet!
God gives me bursts of energy at just the right time.
Thank goodness.

That's why I am so thankful that I have the next 5 days off with my little family! I have cleared my schedule so that there is absolutely nothing I have to do other than spend time with Rick and GG!
Just how will we spend our time, you ask...
Well, at Gabriella's birthday party, she got a princess tent and it is quite the addition to our living room. Somehow, that tent can hold my ever-growing belly and Gabriella! We've already had such fun playing and pretending in her little castle. When I said I had cleared my schedule I wasn't entirely honest, though. There is one thing on my list. Crawl, okay, maybe waddle, scoot, have Rick drop me down in it...anyways...I plan on, somehow, getting into that castle, raising the drawbridge, closing the doors and making the most of every second with Gabriella. We're going to invite Mickey and Minnie. Phineas, Ferb, and Perry will be there. I even think Glo-worm might make an entrance if it gets too dark. Of course, we'll be sending love messages through the window to King Rick. hehe :) 5 days in a castle. Sounds magical, right?

So, if you're looking for me this Thanksgiving holiday, you won't find me in front of the TV. You won't find me on facebook. You won't find me at Black Friday sales.
Instead, you'll find me snuggled up in a castle in the clouds enjoying the last of Gabriella's only-child days. You'll have to peek through the window of the tower high in the sky because that's where I'll be.

No worries (not that I'm in high demand), though. The drawbridge will come back down on Monday morning. But until then...I'll enjoy every second of my royal long weekend.

Hoping you spend your Thanksgiving holiday in a castle somewhere!

Love,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment