Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Too Fast


What a week it's been! Rick and I found out we will be adding two more GIRLS to our family!
Marielle Corrine and Genevieve Elise

We are beyond excited and for anyone wondering or wanting to ask, we are not disappointed (several people have asked already). How could you ever be disappointed in two miracles...
Life exists inside of me. Two to be exact.
I...WE are overjoyed!

We had clearer pictures to share, but I love this ultrasound pic because you can see Genevieve in the bottom corner resting against her sister, Marielle. It almost looks like Marielle is letting Genevieve rest on her chest. I love to think that they're already relying on each other. :)

Being able to call the babies by name has been the best! Marielle, Genevieve, and I left a little love note for Rick and GG on Thursday morning. I loved being able to sign our names.
Love,
Marielle, Genevieve, and Mommy
That's how the note ended. Something so small brought me such joy.


****************************

A couple of nights ago, I couldn't sleep. I was up, it was 4:00 am and I'd been awake for hours. I kept thinking about Marielle and Genevieve and how small they are. 8 ounces each. Gabriella was once that small. Now, she's running around here, flipping that long hair around, and throwing herself on the ground when we say no, only to peek out from her covered face to see if her tantrum is having any sort of impact...
I might mention that it's not. Ha! So, we don't get many of those!
BUT, as I thought about how much Gabriella has grown, has changed...I could hardly stand it.
Time is going too fast.
I want it to stop.
I tip-toed into Gabriella's room that night and listened to her sleep. I looked around at her itty bitty clothes that she just wore just a week ago and are already too small. I tried to peek through the slats of her crib so I could see her little fingers. As crazy as it sounds, I wanted her to wake up. I know what you're thinking: What mother wants her child to wake from a restful sleep in the middle of the night? I'll tell you:
a mother who doesn't want her child to grow up
a mother who wishes we didn't need sleep because that would be 8 more hours a day together
a mother who likes feeling the head of her child on her shoulder as she sleeps
No such luck.
She didn't wake up.
So, I just rocked in the rocker and cried like a big baby!
I guess because I hate the fact that time just keeps on ticking and there's nothing any of us can do to stop it. Not one single thing.
I think I will invent a time stopper. That way when Rick rolls over in the middle of the night and holds me when he thinks I'm asleep, but I'm really wide awake, when Gabriella puts her hands on my face and kisses me, and, one day, when Marielle and Genevieve are blaming the other for lost clothes and bows, I can freeze the moment. Make it last.
Turn each second into 5 or 10 or 100.
Light bulb moment: Maybe that's why God doesn't give us forever. We wouldn't appreciate it as much. When you only have a set time, you have to enjoy each moment because it is fleeting.
It doesn't and it won't last forever.
Just looked at the clock...it's almost 7:30. Since it's not in the middle of the night, I think I'll go wake up Gabriella and start enjoying this day with her and Rick.
and Marielle and Genevieve, of course.

As Rick and I sat down for our first dinner together in months and opened a card that read, "TWO GIRLS!!" I saw God. I felt Him.

Love,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. love this post mary!
    I am so thrilled you guys are having 2 girls-- what could ever be more precious than that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. People can be dumb! Babies!! Who cares the gender!!! I love love love that your girls will have sisters. There is truly nothing like a sister. Yay! So happy for you 5!!!!! Ahh, still crazy to say :)

    ReplyDelete