Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Monday, April 23, 2012

I Can't Say I'd Rather Be Doing Anything Else

Today, we celebrated the 4 week birthday of Marielle and Genevieve!! It is hard to believe that 4 weeks have gone by when I feel like I just came home from the hospital yesterday. With so much to keep us busy, our days fly by in the blink of an eye.

To commemorate this special day, the whole family took a trip to the mall. Since making it through this 4 weeks has been no easy feat, everyone in the family got to pick out something special. A reward, so to speak...

Marielle and Genevieve each got a new puppy from Build-a-Bear. Gabriella was a fabulous big sister and helped! She kissed the heart that went inside each of her sisters' animals. When the puppies were finished, I snapped the picture of Rick. I think he looks like he's still in shock that we have TWO babies! Funny the denial that sets in after 72 hours of no sleep!


Of course, Marielle and Genevieve were involved in the entire process, as you can see...

For Gabriella, we went to the Disney Store! Gabriella has been saving her money and this was a perfect opportunity for her to spend her $15! She shopped and shopped, looking at every single toy in the store. Finally, she settled on Tinker Bell. It was so much fun watching her carry her purse to the checkout counter and figuring out how to pay for her purchase.
I must admit that each day is getting harder, though. I thought things would start to get easier, but it seems as though we were in some kind of newborn honeymoon period. The nights are longer, the crying is more frequent, the adrenaline that kept us going in those first couple of weeks is starting to wear off...

But, I can't say that I'd rather be doing anything else.

I'm a mom of THREE, now.
It comes with the territory.


I've seen God in each and every second of the last 28 days. I know He's there because if He weren't, I'd be at an insane asylum right now! ha!

Love,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you are my friend. You are such an encouragement to everyone, especially me. I love you so much! I know that we began working together for a reason; but honestly, Mary, I have seen the evident true reason this year. God knows I need support in different areas. One is being a Mom and a Working Mom. I have missed you so much these past few weeks. I know you are LOVING each minute with your family, but I just can't wait to have my Mary back! Love you guys! Hope to get to play a lot after school is out!

    ReplyDelete