Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My BFF






Yesterday was Marielle and Genevieve's three week birthday! :) A lot has happened in 3 weeks and when I look back at the Maldonados four weeks ago, I hardly recognize us!! We've come a long way in such a short amount of time!

First, I'm able to nurse TWO babies at ONCE! Go me! I'm super proud of this fact considering so many people told me I probably wouldn't be able to do it. Well guess what?! I am...at least for today! haha

Next, we have ventured out into the real world as a family of FIVE! It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I'm in charge of holding Gabriella's hand, while Rick carries the twins in their carriers. We actually went to Target and walked around. Of course, we kept blankets over the carriers and anytime anyone showed any interest, I pushed my babies away as fast as my recovering body would let me. I mean, have you seen those crazy pertussis (sp?) commercials. I don't need any whooping cough stranger near my baby, but my sanity does require that I get out of the house at least for 20 minutes!

Finally, Rick and I had a date night! We went to Harry's while my very brave mother volunteered to watch all of the girls! She handled it wonderfully, and upon return, all children were still here! That's right...we counted! It was so nice to have adult conversation and not have to worry about our precious little ones.

Twins are tough, don't get me wrong. Somehow, the sleepless nights and inconsolable cries aren't stressing me out, though. I'm just trying to take each day as it comes and enjoy every moment...even the rough ones. When I think about the reason I'm able to stay so positive, one word comes to mind...

Rick.

Rick has been my rock for our entire marriage, but since we found out we were pregnant, he has never given so much of himself. He has been the sole cook, cleaner, diaper changer, vacuumer, laundry washer, get-up-in-the-middle-of-the-nighter, and everything else our family has needed. Sure, I've had it tough with such a difficult pregnancy and the recovery after, however, Rick's made sure that I have never felt another sense of pressure and has taken care of it all. And I do mean ALL.

You know what means the most? Not once, not even almost once, does he ever seem like he minds. In fact, when I thank him, he insists that I'm the one making the sacrifices for our family...

But, he is too.

So, if I seem like I'm not too crazy yet, it's because of my husband.
My BFF.
My #1.

Now, if we continue to be sleep deprived, I revoke everything I just said because he may be the one that is driving me crazy!! haha :)

As for now, I see God in a man who gives everything of himself to his wife and family.

Love,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment