Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Just Us

If you read my previous post, you knew that my and Rick's anniversary was approaching.  On Saturday, we made our 24 hour getaway and celebrated eight years like it had only been one.  

However, to celebrate our actual anniversary day, I HAVE to tell you what Rick did!  I don't want it to seem like I'm bragging, but it really was the adventure of a lifetime!  First of all, he whisked me away on a PRIVATE jet to Napa Valley.  Rick has a friend who was doing business in the area and said we could join his caravan to California.  We had ONE day to pack in as much excitement as we could!  When we arrived, we started touring the vineyards immediately!  Rick had arranged for private tastings at some of the area's best locations.  The highlight was when we had dinner in the middle of the most amazing vineyard I had ever seen.   On our little picnic blanket, we listened to our own harpist and watched the sunset in between the vines around us.  
It was amazing...
 
******************************************

Ha!  I'm sure some special couple spent their anniversary this year in a very similar and romantic manner, but it sure wasn't us!  I'm sure they were sipping the finest wine, watching the most spectacular sunset, but again, that sure wasn't us!  Instead...

Rick and my dad worked for 6 hours to mount our new television on the wall.  This was a painstakingly difficult task because the space above our fireplace is open.  They had to build some sort of super concoction to hold the mount and TV.  All this because our ever-growing family needs more space in our newly arranged living room.  :)


While Rick and my dad were working so hard, I was working on my own special project: a collage of pictures and wall signs.  I've been wanting to do it forever and finally got around to it!  I l.o.v.e this wall because each picture and sign was so carefully chosen as I wanted each to be a reflection of our family.


And finally, there was Chinese food and a dance party.  I put the self-timer on for some of the pictures because, sometimes, I don't feel like being behind the camera...I want to be included in the memory my family is making.  :)
 






 
So, that's it.  
No jet.
No wine.
No sunset.
No harp.
Just giggles.
Just random 80's and 90's music on On-Demand.
Just fried rice and lo-mein noodles.
 
Just us.
 
My hope for you is that when you take away the fancy shmancy extras of life, the us that you're left with is enough to rival any other experience.  

I see God in the 'just us' of my family.

Love,
Mary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment