Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Monday, March 18, 2013

It's the Walls

For real.  I almost forgot I had a blog.  Let's see, it's been 2 months since my last post and in those 2 months my family sold our house and moved into a new one!  Funny what life can bring.

As I've shared with people about the big move, everyone is so excited for us and, of course, asks for a description, or pictures.  While I am happy to oblige and appreciate the interest of others, here is what I really want to share about my new house, only I can't because if I went into this big shpill I would surely be looked at as crazy!

Our new home is an extension of us.  It's really like the 6th member of our family.  I could share with you details about flooring, square footage, and layout, but those aren't the things that personify this home.  
It's the walls.

If you think about your home...
big
small
fancy
ordinary
old
new
modern
traditional

There's something that all homes have in common and that is they have walls.  
Walls that are privy...
Privy to your joy
your tears
your worries
your hopes
your arguments
your frustrations
your celebrations

Your walls are there for it all.  Your home is there for it all.  Whether you realize it or not, your home starts to weave itself into your life, the memories you are making.  Maybe that's why I get so sentimental when I think about the places we've called home before and the place we call home now.  I know that when I look back on the special and ordinary occasions of life, I will remember where we lived.  Where we played.  Where we cooked.  Where we prayed.  Where we laughed. Where we played Hide-and-Seek.  Where we cried.  

Where we loved.

Where He resides.

So, no pictures for this post.  It doesn't really matter what it looks like.  

All that does matter is we're home.

Tonight, I saw God shining down on our new house as I came home.

Love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment