Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

When the Cat's Away


After a really hard day at school yesterday, I woke up feeling the same and decided not to put myself through it. Have you ever tried to find a quiet and private place in a school to have a small breakdown in between classes? Ummmm, it's impossible. There are children and parents and teachers everywhere!! Soooo, I stayed home and did what my body was begging me to do: rest.

Rick and GG have quite the routine going on here, and I was so glad to see what goes on while I'm at school! Here are two things I learned:

1. Around 11:00 is a time I have now named "Danger Zone." This means that every block and doll and cup of tea and plastic cupcake and blanket in our whole house is on the floor of the living room. Wherever you sit at around 10 is where you'll be staying until nap-time when GG picks it all up! It is truly a Danger Zone for anyone not too sure on their feet. However, since my feet were elevated and my back was hurting, I didn't have a problem being held hostage in one spot. I loved looking around and seeing just how messy things can get around here. It means Rick and GG are having fun together. Playing and learning...
2. Whenever the Free Credit Report song comes on, GG sets off to find her Dora guitar and maraca. By the time she finds it and places herself directly in front of the TV, the commercial is over. So Rick replays it. Again and again and again. The whole time GG shakes her hips, plays her guitar, and sings into her maraca! Forget
Row, Row, Row Your Boat or The Wheels on the Bus! In this house (apparently), we jam to a commercial for a free credit report!


As I woke up from my nap this afternoon, I thought to myself,
while the cat's away the mice will play. And I wouldn't have it any other way! When I first when back to work after GG was born, I must admit I was jealous of the time that Rick had with her during the day. I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom. I wanted to be the one to wake her up each morning and make her breakfast. I didn't want to miss all of those precious moments that happen during the course of a day.

Fast forward to now, 2 years later, and I couldn't be more content with our situation. It filled me with such joy as I got a glimpse of their day today. I'm so incredibly happy that my husband and daughter get to make so many memories together each day. My career has blessed me with the opportunity to have weekends, summers, holidays, and nights off. It's a good feeling knowing that my little family will always have the same schedule as me. When I'm off, they are too! We get to spend all of that time together. I wouldn't have it any. other. way.

Now, let's see how much happiness and joy there is when Rick is at home with two babies and an almost-three year old later in the year!! He may be running right out that front door as we begin a search for a daycare!! hahahaha

But...something tells me I won't have that to worry about. :)

Is this possible? I see God in a free credit report commercial. I guess anything's possible these days!

Love,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment