Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Don't Know...Do You?

I caught this pose the other night while we were outside playing. I had asked GG a question and she threw her hands up as if to say, "I dunno!"

There's just something about this picture that I can totally relate to on this Mother's Day! What a ride motherhood is! I'm unsure, second guessing myself, always wondering if what we're doing will turn GG into the woman we hope she will be one day.

So, all that to say: GG woke up sick this morning. Wah! Looks like whatever she had Wednesday is back. Earlier, Rick went to run some Mother's Day errands and GG and I just laid in the bed together, snuggling, spending quiet time together. For all of the things I don't know when it comes to motherhood, there is one thing I do know: NOTHING is more precious than time spent together. Think about all the things that can distract you from your most prized possession: work, money, TV, etc. I want to spend the hours of my day cherishing my time with my child (and Rick, of course!) and making memories that will long outlast anything else. I'm thankful God has given me that insight.


I see God in the "I dunnos" of motherhood, but I also see Him so much more in the one thing I do. Happy Happy Mother's Day,


Mary

1 comment:

  1. LOVE her dress! So cute! I hope GG is feeling better now!
    Very Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete