Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sometimes

I wish I could share with you the countless ways in which I've read about or heard the hearts of other mothers who feel frustrated or confused.  Mothers who feel like everyone else has it together, everyone except them.  Newsflash moms:  None of us have it all together and shame on us for trying to put on appearances as if we do.  Our prayers, our fears, our hopes...they are more alike than we think.  

**********************************************
 
Sometimes, I stay in the shower long after I'm clean in order to have a break from it all.
Sometimes, the sound of the twins crying makes me want to cry.
Sometimes, I doubt myself.
Sometimes, I use The Cat in the Hat on KET as a babysitter for GG while I get things done.
Sometimes, I don't really care that GG is 3 and still isn't potty trained, she won't wear a diaper forever.
Sometimes, I want to wear my pajamas to the grocery (but I don't).
Sometimes, I wish I could get away with wearing those really comfortable mesh undies from the hospital.
Sometimes, I push my clean laundry on the floor because I don't feel like folding it.
Sometimes, I look in the mirror, only to feel discouraged about baby weight that won't go away on its own.
Sometimes, I'm so tired I can barely hold my eyes open.
Sometimes, I worry.

More often than not, I laugh until my cheeks hurt.
More often than not, moments of joy move me to tears.
More often than not, I pray for God to slow things down.
More often than not, I feel His presence.
More often than not, I find myself singing and dancing and wiggling.
More often than not, I am aware of a single moment's value.

Always, I am blessed.
Always, I am thankful.
Always, I love.

***********************************************

This week, I hope you share the "sometimes" of your life with other mothers and I hope you see God in the "always."
The blessings.
The moments of gratitude.
The love.


Love,
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment