Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Anything I Want



















Seems as though lately I've been tapping into some interests that I didn't know I had. I've been trying new things and exploring my abilities in uncharted territories. It has been a lot of fun realizing I can do things I never thought I could!



I was walking down the aisle at Hobby Lobby and saw a brochure for pillowcase dresses. As I looked through the ideas, I kept thinking how I would love to sew something like that for GG. I put the brochure back and kept looking around the store. My mind kept going back to the dresses and I finally told myself, "If you want to make GG a dress, then you can do it! You can make that dress!" So, hours later, I found myself at home sewing for the very first time. (There was a pillow a few months ago, but that doesn't come close to counting!) I won't bore you with the details of winding a bobbin or threading a machine! What I will tell you is this: I made that dress and put so much into it, that I think it radiates love when GG wears it!



Since then, I've made two additional things: another dress and a shirt. However, the purpose of this post is not to boast about what I've been able to do. The purpose is to share with you that when you really want to do something, you can! Nothing was more important to me than making my daughter a dress,

so nothing was going to stop me!


In The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warrren says, "You have dozens, probably hundreds, of untapped, unrecognized, and unused abilities that are lying dormant inside you...the average person possesses from 500 to 700 different skills and abilities-far more than you realize."



What talents do you have lying dormant inside yourself?!



Now, if you've made it this far in the post, I'm impressed! Remember a few posts ago when I talked about God filling my question marks with His plans for the summer? Well, I'm proud to announce I've had one filled! One of God's plans for me this summer was to remind me that I can do anything I want!



I hear God as He tells me that nothing is out of my reach and, with Him,

I can do anything I want.



Love,


Mary

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful commentary, Mary. You are very talented! I always wanted to learn how to sew and also to knit and crochet. These things have always appealed to me. There is a knitting class at Pax Christi starting soon.....

    ReplyDelete