Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm Dull And I Like It!

Crayons.


Interesting topic, I know. Appease me and, for a moment, imagine opening a new box of crayons.


You tear open the box along its perforated edges and you see this wonderful display of hues and saturation. The best thing about new crayons is that they haven't been used, yet. They're sharpened to perfect points, the paper around them haven't been torn, and there's perfect little ledges that separate the tips from the rest of the crayons. They have the appearance of perfection; looking the way they're supposed to look.


What if you opened that box and all the crayons were dull? The paper was tearing? Hints of other colors speckled the tips? Would you be disappointed?


Fast forward to Father's Day. See the purple crayon in the photo, the one that shows obvious signs of use? This is the crayon that Gabriella used to make her very own first Father's Day card. She scribbled, threw it across the room, scribbled some more, licked it, tried to eat it...


That crayon has a story.


Personally, I like dull crayons because they are the ones with a story.


Sometimes, we are like crayons. We spend our time caring about our appearance, our houses, our cars, our bank accounts, and how we are perceived by those that open the box to check us out.


What a waste of time...


Personally, I'd rather spend my time getting dull...




I see God in a dull crayon that is a loving reminder of life...my life.




Love,


Mary

1 comment: