Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reoccurring Fear

I was talking to a friend the other day and she was sharing her pregnancy experience with her twin boys. She shared some of the fears that she had along the way and how she thought they were "crazy." I thought to myself as she spoke,
I've had that same fear! I'm not alone or crazy after all!

We all have fears that worry us, that keep us up at night. I can promise that no matter what your fear is, someone else has also felt the same way at some point in time. It's comforting knowing that someone else has been where you are...knows how you feel.
With that said, I've had a reoccurring fear for the past few weeks. The sight of two precious babies on that Ultrasound screen 4 weeks ago has been the center of my life. I eat, breathe, and dream twins! It's all my little family has been discussing these days. It's like our home has a heartbeat from the palpable excitement!
Lurking around the corner is our next visit. Next Wednesday to be exact. While I can't wait to see those precious reminders of God's miraculous work in our lives, I have this dread. What if when the picture shows up on the screen there is only one baby? To carry and deliver one healthy baby is a miracle in itself, but two...
Rick says not to worry. Of course, that's easier said than done.
I just want to see those two sets of precious arms touching each other. I want to hear two sets of heartbeats.
At work we have secret pals. Last Friday, I got a note with just the right message.
The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.
How true this is...
God will not lead my family to a place of His will and not protect us.
So, as I wait for this next appointment, I'm going to try and push my reoccurring fear aside.

I see God every day when I look at the best picture I've ever taken.

Love,
Mary


1 comment: