Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

You Know You're Pregnant with Twins When...

I must say that the past 10 weeks have been the most trying weeks of my life. Many of my close friends and family know that I was super sick with GG, but that pales in comparison to how sick I've been with the twins. The purpose of this post is not to complain, though. There are far more important and significant stories of people facing difficult times in the world right now. I have the miracle of life waiting on the other side of this for me.
I prayed (and many have been praying as well-thank you) that I would start to feel some sort of relief, and this week, I had a total of 35 hours of relief! Yes, I counted every single one because they were so precious! hehe
Being so sick all the time can kind of start to wear on your mental state. You start to feel like you're going to go crazy. In order to keep from totally losing it, I have to find the humor in the craziest situations. So, I've decided to compile a short list of scenarios from the past week or so.
You Know You're Pregnant with Twins When...
1. You are a super conservative republican and a speech by a democratic President makes you weep. And not in a bad way. Seriously. Barack Obama was giving a speech and I was so overcome with emotion I cried. Definite sign I'm carrying TWO babies!
2. You're in the middle of your nightly throwing up and your almost-2 daughter joins you in the bathroom. She stands in front of her potty, puts her head down, and starts to make gagging sounds, trying to spit up. It's become the norm around here. Another sign of TWINS!
3. After a 25 minute shopping spree in the clearance aisle of Wal-mart, you have the sudden feeling that you're going to pass out. So, you grab a pillow that's 50% off and lay right smack down in the middle of the floor, sweating profusely, while your husband says to every passerby, "It's ok. She's pregnant. She's having twins." You know it's TWO babies because you don't even care that people are starting to walk by just to get a glimpse of the "crazy lady" in the clearance aisle.

I probably have somewhere around 20 weeks to go. Sounds like a long time, but...

If I am laying on the floor at Wal-mart every single day of that 20 weeks, it still wouldn't be a steep enough price to pay for the life that's inside me.

On another note, I came home from school the other day and found these two jewels waiting and waving...



I can't wait for the day when this shot will include two more sets of tiny feet, two more sets of adoring eyes, and two more hands waving and welcoming me home.

Today, I felt God on the furry side of a hot pink, discount pillow and I'm so thankful that He gives me the insight to see Him and feel Him in the strangest places.

Thank you, everyone, for lifting my family up in prayer. We feel it.

Love,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I remember colby did that fake puking with kellis pregnancy! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I loved this post... it was so cute! Pray you continue to feel great!!

    ReplyDelete