Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

An Adventure-Part I

Operation "Get Marielle and Genevieve's Nursery Ready" is in full swing and boy is it fun!
And overwhelming!
First, we have to figure out a way to fit two babies in one small room! Eeeek! Luckily, I think I've figured out a floor plan to maximize space. Next, we have to get out all of Gabriella's old things: clothes, swing, boppy, nursing equipment, etc. Since we already have little girl things, it's been a huge blessing to have a stockpile of supplies ready. Turns out GG had so many clothes, but when you're clothing two, you wonder if it will be enough. Technically, we didn't even start letting GG wear clothes until the third day of her existence because we were so afraid to move her! Their little heads do bobble so! And I won't even tell you about how long we waited on a bath. haha!

As I was sorting through onesies we'll use for the twins, I ran across one of our favorite ones...





So, I just had to come and find the pictures of GG in her Steelers gear! In these pictures, she was only 4 days old. The first thing that strikes me about the pictures is how much she looked like my father-in-law, Ramon. Next thing, she was so tan...that was the jaundice. Third, she was so little! That little onesie was actually too big for her so we let her curl her feet up in it to keep warm. Finally, in just a few weeks (10-11 if I deliver in mid-March like the doctor predicts) we will have TWO of these teeny tiny Steelers fans to hold and cuddle! I can't even imagine the picture above with an additional child in Rick's arms.

How do you even hold two babies?! And a two year old?! Hmmmm....

When you have a second child, people say things get easier. You've been around the block, so to speak, so you know what's coming and are more prepared to handle it. In many ways, having twins will be no different, I'm sure. Been there, done that. But in so many ways, it will be different. That's the part I like to think of as an adventure. Embarking on the unknown.

Did you know Webster defines adventure (Yes, I looked it up. What else am I gonna do at 6:30 in the morning while everyone in my house is fast asleep?!) as an exciting or remarkable experience?

Exciting
Remarkable

Operation "Get Marielle and Genevieve's Nursery Ready" is getting me pretty pumped up for this adventure. It's going to be a lot things, but two things for sure:

exciting and remarkable!

When's the last time you went on an adventure? Any kind of adventure? I don't mean something over-the-top and crazy like have twins...but something simple. You know, as long as its exciting and remarkable it counts. And I'm sure, if you stop and think about it, there are plenty of things you could do today that are exciting and remarkable. :)

I hear God as I write this post. Do you know what He's saying? He's telling me I'm not starting one of the greatest adventures of my life, I'm right in the midst of it.

Love,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment