Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Your Worth


One of my favorite Christmas songs is "O Holy Night." As Rick and I were on our way to one of our family's Christmas celebrations, the song came on the radio. For the first time, one line in the song stuck out to me:

"And He appeared. And the soul felt its worth."

What a powerful line: The soul felt its worth.

Having Christmas with 2 sets of grandparents, 1 set of great-grandparents, and, of course, us, it's no surprise that GG was overwhelmed with gifts this Christmas. We've all gotten such joy out of watching her so meticulously unwrap gift after gift. It's definitely been the best Christmas ever.

But, there's one gift I hope that we've already given Gabriella; a gift that we can continue to give her as she grows...

that her soul feels its worth

I hope she always knows she's capable, she's courageous, she's strong...

she's worthy.

I appreciate God's reminder this Christmas. He appeared so that every soul could feel it's unique and significant worth.

Do you feel your worth? Do you really know how worthy and deserving God made you? If you know it, do your children know it? I hope so. :)

I know I feel my worth and am so thankful that I do.

Merry Christmas,

Mary











2 comments:

  1. Mary, That is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thought when singing "joy to the world" at church a couple Sunday's ago. The line was "let every heart prepare him room". Funny how you really start hearing lyrics after listening to them for so long... :) ( Stacy D)

    ReplyDelete