Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Old Rugged Cross

On Friday, a former student's mother invited me to their church to hear him play his first solo in front of the congregation. I was honored they would ask, so Rick, GG, and I gladly went. While we were there, we sang one of my favorite hymns, Old Rugged Cross. As we were singing, Gabriella had her forehead pressed against mine and she stayed that way for almost the entire song. It was such a sweet moment. Those lyrics are incredibly powerful and have been in my head since the service.

I only had one problem, how could I show you a picture of where I saw God today? Then it came to me...the notes!


I see God in the ultimate example of love, the cross.


On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross

an emblem of suffering and shame

and I love that old cross where the dearest and best

for a world of lost sinners was slain


Happy Easter Season,


Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment