Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Unknown


Today, I had the pleasure of attending Andrea and Matt's couple shower. I snapped this picture and I thought it said everything! When I look back on my engagement to Rick, I remember registering and wondering which design of silverware would be best! Little did I know, we were about to embark on an adventure full of twists and turns that neither of us could have predicted. If you had told me on July 16, 2004 that I could or that I would love Rick more, I wouldn't have believed you. I thought our love had reached its depth. Ha! What did I know?! There is a love that comes with time together that you can't even explain to someone. There is no way to prepare you for the feeling, for the commitment! I revel in the thought that Andrea and Matt have no idea what's coming their way! They can't, yet, but one day they will! Now, what I'm excited about is the ways in which my own marriage will grow in the next 50 years! I'll look back at this time and say, "and to think I thought that was as good as it would get."


I...we...should only be so lucky!


Today, I saw God in a look that reminded me of all I have to look forward to in my life. I don't know what it is, but I'm excited about the unknown!


Love,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment