Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Everything We Do Is Complicated

Have you ever tried to use the self-timer on your camera?!  Well, I've been thinking of a shot I wanted to capture and am too cheap to pay another photographer to take it.  So, when we went to the park for a picnic this morning, I thought it'd be as good of a time as any to give it a try.
Shot 1:  Fail.
In the time it took me to press the button, run up the hill, and grab a twin, the picture had already been taken.  The shot was actually of the attempted hand-off between me and Rick.
Shot 2: Fail.
We thought Rick would be faster.  He is.  However, what he is not, is faster than the self-timer on the camera.
Shot 3: Fail.
We moved locations.  I'm yelling, "GG, do you wanna feed the ducks?!  Then turn around and look at the camera!!"  Sure enough, GG has her back to the camera.
Shot 4:  Fail.
Yelling even louder, but trying to say it in my sweetest, yet most firm voice, "GG, do you wanna see those ducks?!  Do you wanna feed them?!  Then look at the camera!!"
Everyone in the shot looked fabulous, except for one small problem...
it seems that in my effort to fit into a too-small skirt combined with my running around like a chicken with my head cut off made my skirt gravitate to the most thin part of my waist which is pretty high up there.  Do you know what that equals??  A picture of my rear end!  Shot 4 was an epic fail to say the least!

*******************************

You know, nothing with 10 week old twins and a 2 1/2 year old is easy.  But, then again, it shouldn't be.  Nothing that brings you such joy should come without some sort of price.  Everything we do is complicated.  Everything we do is time-consuming and everything we do is usually messy. 
Such a small price to pay for moments like this, though...
Shot 5:
Marielle-check.
Genevieve-check.
GG facing the camera-check.
Daddy-check.
Mommy's skirt not showing her rear-check.
Yes, I'd say shot 5 was a success.  Amazing what you can accomplish in a family of five with a little patience!

Today, I see God in that magnificent blue sky that sets the backdrop for a family photo...
my family photo.

Love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment