Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Like No One's Watching

Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low
Ain't no river wide enough, baby
If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far, don't worry, baby
Just call my name, you don't have to worry
I'll be there in a hurry...

And so went the lyrics of the song Rick and Gabriella were singing to each other as we watched one of our new favorite shows, Duets.  They were belting it out and I was running for the camera to capture the moment!




They continued to sing like no one was watching which reminded me of Thursday night.  Rick and I went downtown to Thursday Night Live and saw this couple right in front of the band dancing like crazy.  I mean they looked a little kooky to be quite honest.  You know the saying, "Dance like no one is watching," well, they were that cliche personified!

What joy, though!  To dance, to sing, to do anything with such excitement that you don't care what anyone thinks...
At what point in our lives do we become self-conscious?  At what point in our lives do we start to hesitate because we care what others might think?

A few weeks ago, it started raining and I took Gabriella outside and we danced in the pouring rain.  Well, we actually wiggled because that was Gabriella's version of dancing at that moment.  There we stood, wiggling our little booties (ok...mine not so little) as cars drove by.  I bet they thought we were nuts...and we were.  
We are...a little. 

I like being a little nuts, though.  It means I don't miss out on opportunities like wiggling in the rain with my daughter.  It means Gabriella doesn't think twice about throwing her head back and singing as loud as her little lungs will let her with her Daddy.  It means we don't miss out on making a lot of memories...

So, to the kooky couple that was dancing like no one was watching, I bet you had a better time than anyone who actually was!

I see God when my little family dances, sings, wiggles, or does anything like no one else is watching...well except for Him.

Love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment