Original text or pictures from anotherdayyay.blogspot.com
may not be used without permission.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Love Letter-Part I

Dear Gabriella,

Tonight, as we watched the Tony Awards, you grabbed me and Daddy by the hand and asked us to dance with you.  The three of us danced in a circle to our audience of two, Marielle and Genevieve.  Daddy joked and said you were going to be a Broadway star!

That made me think, just what will you become?


You know, you love the remote control.  Will you work for Insight?


You love to use your Curious George puzzle tin as a drum.  Will you be the drummer in a band?


You love to put on your Cinderella "liptick."  Will you be a make-up artist?


You love to invade the personal space of everyone you meet with hugs and kisses and great big, "HI's!"  Will you be the first female president?

You love to read your little Bible and proclaim, "Let my people GO," when we get to the part about Moses.  Will you be a Sunday School teacher?

You love to shake your index finger when you disagree and exclaim, "No, no, no!"  Will you be a lawyer?

You love to dance and are always begging, "Dip me.  Dip me."  Will you be a ballerina?

You love rapping to Five Little Monkeys on your Veggie Tales CD player and then wrapping your arms around your chest as you, in your deepest voice, yell, "Word up!"  Will you be a rapper?


You love having tea parties with your bunny rabbit, Rocky.  Will you be a veterinarian?


You love all these things and more.  And when I think of what you might become, I know the possibilities are endless.  I love not knowing what God has in His plan for you.  Where life will take you, where you will succeed, how you will handle the failures, what you will become...


The anticipation.  The joy.  The excitement.  The love.


When we danced, I couldn't help but wonder what this life has in store for you.  I consider it one of the greatest gifts of my entire life...to see what you will become.


But don't worry.  I won't spend so much of my time thinking about what you're going to become that I don't enjoy what you are.  For now, we've got lots of drumming and reading and dipping and rapping to do.

I love you,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment